Where B.L.'s Writing Desk Resides

Trespass at your own risk.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Your Mom . . .

A brief word:

I feel like my understanding of my parents and grandparents keeps changing as I get older. Take my nana, for example. She is the ultimate old-fashioned, Jesus-loving, sweet elderly lady who you are terrified to say anything around less something that scandalizes her slips out by mistake. Yet I still have to come to grips with those aspects of her personality that clash with my childhood perspective of her. Just today, I was going through some pictures I had on my computer and she spied on what I was doing. I showed her one drawing of a girl with brown hair and I asked her what she thought of it. This was her answer:

"She's cute. I like blondes better."

It has taken me some time to realize that when it comes to appearances, my grandmother is quite shallow. Don't you hate it when childhood illusions are shattered?

We've made another important step in our preparations. Well, okay, not that big a step - I bought a new laptop sleeve, batteries and an outlet adapter. So I'm a little further along, at least. The book issue is pretty much resolved, so that's a load off my mind. Now it comes down to a question of packing. *headdesk* "Easier said than done" would be an understatement.

Any other thoughts? I guess I'm going to miss the snow in London. For some reason, the cold is easier to endure when there's snow. I know snow is a pain for most people, but I think it adds brightness to an otherwise dreary season. On the other hand, I hear spring comes earlier in Britain than the U.S., which will hopefully be true this year. It's been nippy, though. Global warming strikes again.

I've decided to put up links to stories I'm posting and updating. Since I just posted a new chapter for it, I'll give a summary for one of my stories:

Homo Homini Lupus - For Les Miz fans, you can think of this as another backstory for Inspector Javert, with a macabre twist. I'm putting this up as a prelude to my main project. I recently uploaded the third chapter.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5480101/1/Homo_Homini_Lupus


"Lie for Italia." - Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment