Where B.L.'s Writing Desk Resides

Trespass at your own risk.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Onward, forward, away! . . . *trips* . . .

A brief word:

Heeeey! It's that time again. I returned to school this past Sunday and boy it already feels like a month. Yeesh. But I'm glad the moving-in bit went without much of a hitch, although me mum is sending some stuff from home. Nothing out of the ordinary: knives, bullets, grenades, Anthrax . . . what?

By the way, have you ever had the experience where a bunch of people told you that a certain class is so painfully easy it almost hurts, so you decide to take it because you need the gen eds? And then it turns out it's not so easy after all? I HATE that. And I fear that's the situation I've fallen into with my Solar System course. Now, it doesn't sound TERRIBLE, thank God - in fact, I might enjoy it. But it will be work. Which is 'ugh' for me, considering that I already have three - count them, THREE - writing courses under my belt, an acting course and a vocal ensemble (hopefully - still awaiting results) in addition, AND applications for grad school. Nnnnyeh!

In other words, I will really need to hone my time-management skills this year. Not just this semester, either, because I'll need to do my Senior Project in the spring, which is essentially another independent study. Only I won't have 3000 miles of ocean separating me and my instructor.

Ah well. Pain builds character, I guess. I just hope I don't build more character than I can handle. DX

This all will probably mean that time on the Internet for fun will be majorly reduced - no surprise there. I almost cannot believe I had the gumption to post a brand new story: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6266357/1/Hellsing_The_Glory. Yes, you're reading that right. It's a Hellsing fic. I sent this chapter to a friend of mine way a-ways back. She liked it, and I reread it and liked it, so voila. I'll probably make very slow progress on it. Which doesn't mean I don't want reviews. Duh. :D So if you read it, do drop a review.

Now, some disturbing news has reached my ears, and I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but nearly made me crawl into a corner and sob with grief: Barnes & Noble is, apparently, folding. I'll look further into it, but I really, REALLY hope this isn't true. For crying out loud, aside from Amazon, it's the only place I know I can get Trinity Blood books from! And, and . . . I would really miss being able to walk into it and just imbibe the view of thousands of books lining the shelves and knowing they were mine to select from.

I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with going to a library. I know they're free, but it isn't the same.




"You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight." - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

No comments:

Post a Comment