Where B.L.'s Writing Desk Resides

Trespass at your own risk.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lalalalalalalalala SHUT THE HELL UP . . .

A brief word:

So it seems that I'm not updating day by day anymore, but instead updating by other updates:

HHL - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5480101/6/Homo_Homini_Lupus
Javert and his mum take a little trip and find ways to bond. A little bitter-sweet. I hate the formatting issues on story documents on the site, btw. You can't do proper spacing, and it annoys the hell out of me.

I'll do a quick recap of what I've done this past . . . month.

Visited Westminster Abbey (didn't go inside)
Visited the National Gallery - saw the Red-Light exhibit and a lot of other really old paintings. I'd like to visit the National Portrait Gallery next.
Saw 3 plays - Midsummer, The Pitman Painters, and The Early Bird
Midsummer was fun and funny
The Pitman Painters was at the National Theatre - well acted and engaging
The Early Bird was SO WEIRD - made me think and wonder what the hell happened
Went to Leicester Square several times, once for a movie and twice for movie premieres (Invictus and Valentine's Day)
Went to the Odeon Theatre twice (Avatar and The Wolfman)

Internet is still an issue (and my main excuse for not posting more frequently), but it will hopefully - HOPEFULLY - get resolved tomorrow. I know, I keep saying that, but only because our landlord and the landlord's agent keep saying that. But MAYBE it'll actually come through. Guh.

On a lighter note, plans for Scotland are beginning to solidify. Yah! My parents have made reservations for the two weekends they are here in London, and then we'll be visiting Glasgow and Robert Burns territory in the Lowlands and Inverness and some other places in the Highlands. So I'm feeling good about that. What makes me nervous is the amount of reading I have to do - I didn't realize just how big a burden it's going to be. But now that I'm starting to actually work on my journals for my study, I'll probably force myself to read through the fiction faster. At least I finished Waverley, thank God. Next will be either Rob Roy or Trainspotting - maybe I'll wait to do Trainspotting when I have to read it for my literature class, too. Maybe.

What else, what else . . . fanfiction is sucking me in more, which is not good in terms of school work, but makes me feel good writing-wise. Still, I need to prioritize. Prioritize, dammit!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing my family in a few weeks. Hooray!




"You don't happen to have silver bullets, do you?" - The Wolfman

P.S. I love Hugo Weaving even more now . . . and I already thought he was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment